For a twist, try adding fresh herbs or citrus zest to the dough before baking.
Created by Nhut Nguyen on January 25, 2017
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Serves: 16
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over rim of pan by 2 inches. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flours, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Add oil and vanilla to flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan and press evenly into pan. Bake 23–25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Using edges of foil, lift shortbread out of pan and cool completely on wire rack. To serve, cut into 16 squares.