Created by Nhut Nguyen on November 17, 2016
Note: This recipe can be easily doubled.
- Prep Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Serves: 4
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 lb.), cut into 1-inch florets (4 cups)
- 4 cups peeled, seeded, 1-inch cubes butternut squash
- 3 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place cauliflower in a large rimmed baking pan. Place squash in another large rimmed baking pan. Drizzle each with 2 tsp. olive oil, sprinkle each with 1/8 tsp. salt and toss to coat. Arrange in single layer in pans. Bake cauliflower for about 25 minutes and squash for about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender and browned. Transfer vegetables to large bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, maple syrup, rosemary, lemon zest, pepper, remaining olive oil and remaining salt in small bowl.
- Add lemon zest mixture to cauliflower and squash mixture and toss to coat. Just before serving, blot pomegranate arils dry with paper towels. Add to bowl and toss gently to combine. Serve at room temperature.