Created by John Conley on January 19, 2017
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 40m
- Serves: 6
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. chopped jalapeño
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (29 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat olive oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add onions, bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions and peppers become soft, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in jalapeños, cherry tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, paprika and oregano. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack eggs, evenly spaced, on top of the tomato mixture. Place the skillet into the preheated oven and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Remove skillet from the oven and garnish with chopped parsley.