Created by Nhut Nguyen on November 17, 2016
Note: This recipe can be easily doubled.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Serves: 6
- 1 1/2 lbs. yams, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tsp. + 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 tbsp. minced jalapeño (leave in seeds for extra heat)
- 1 tbsp. finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut chips
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place yams in a large rimmed baking pan; drizzle with 2 tsp. oil, 1/4 tsp. cumin and 1/4 tsp. salt; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring once, until tender and browned. Transfer to large bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together lime juice, honey, remaining olive oil, remaining cumin and remaining salt in small bowl.
- Add apple, jalapeño, onion and lime juice mixture to yams and toss to combine. Just before serving, toss in coconut chips and cilantro. Serve at room temperature.