Created by Sam Plummer on February 8, 2017
Greek yogurt replaces some of the cream in our twist on panna cotta.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 3h
- Serves: 6
- 2 1/2 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch ground cardamom
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Let sit for 5 minutes or until gelatin becomes soft.
- Bring cream, sugar and orange zest to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, cardamom, salt and gelatin mixture.
- Whisk yogurt into cream mixture. Pour into six, 1/2–cup ramekins or small glass or ceramic jars. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- To serve in ramekins, drizzle with honey, raspberries and pistachios. To unmold, run a small knife around the inside edges to loosen; invert onto a dessert plate and garnish.