Created by Sam Plummer on September 15, 2016
Any leftover chutney is also great spooned over a warm wedge of Brie or spread on a ham sandwich.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Serves: 6
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium beet, peeled and chopped
- 1 small turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 6 Raley's boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Freshly ground sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, vinegar, ginger, parsnip, beet, turnip, pear and garlic and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- While chutney is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet; cook for 10 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cooked through. Add 1 cup chutney to skillet and cook for 5 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if you like. Serve with remaining chutney.
376 calories, 39 g protein, 10 g total fat (4 g sat., 0 g trans), 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g sugar, 111 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 9 points