Created by Sam Plummer on August 29, 2016
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 8
- 2 (16 oz.) packages ground bison (or 2½ lbs. lean ground beef)
- 3 tbsp. McCormick Grill Mates Cowboy Rub
- 3/4 c minced red onion
- 1/4 c barbecue sauce
- 2 c shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 8 onion buns
- lettuce (optional topper)
- tomato slices (optional topper)
- additional barbecue sauce (optional topper)
- Mix ground bison (or ground beef) with McCormick Grill Mates Cowboy Rub, red onion and barbecue sauce in a large bowl.
- Shape into 8 flat patties and cook on a well-oiled grill over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side, topping with 2 cups shredded smoked Cheddar cheese after turning.
- Serve on lightly toasted onion buns with lettuce, tomato and additional barbecue sauce.