Created by Nhut Nguyen on September 22, 2016
Think canned fruit can’t be exciting? We’re here to showcase a nutritious and delicious way to start your day – and yes, it involves a can opener!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 1h 30m
- Serves: 6
- 2 1/2 cups Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 (15 oz.) can juice-packed peaches, drained and diced
- 1 (6 oz.) container peach Greek yogurt
Almond Oat Topping
- 3 tsp. better-for-you buttery spread (such as Country Crock)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp. uncooked steel cut oats
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. light brown sugar
- Place almond milk in a large slow cooker. Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve and stir into almond milk with extract and cinnamon. Cover and cook on high for 1½ hours.
- Stir in peaches and yogurt and cook for 5 minutes more until heated through and thickened.
- While quinoa is cooking, melt buttery spread in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in almonds, oats and cinnamon; cook, stirring frequently for a few minutes or until fragrant. Let cool slightly, then stir in brown sugar; sprinkle over quinoa.
Nutrition per serving: 317 calories, 11 g protein, 9 g total fat (1 g sat.), 50 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 20 g sugar, 0 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 8 points