- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Serves: 6
- 6 cups 3/4-inch rustic bread cubes
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 3 thin slices from a large red onion, quartered
- 3 tbsp. sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. basil pesto
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place bread cubes on a baking sheet and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until toasty and firm; let cool.
- Place in a large bowl with tomatoes, onions and basil. Stir together remaining ingredients and drizzle over salad; toss well to coat.