- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Serves: 2
- 1 c fresh cherries, pitted and quartered or coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp. diced bell pepper (preferably yellow or orange
- 2 tbsp. minced red onion
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. minced jalapeno pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp. light olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small red snapper fillets
- 2 tsp. Mexican seasoning blend
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Stir together all salsa ingredients in a small bowl; season to taste with salt and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle snapper on both sides with seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Carefully place in skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with salsa and fresh lime wedges. Recipe may be doubled.