Created by David Angstead on November 30, 2016
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 6h 17m
- Total Time: 6h 32m
- Serves: 4
- 1 lb. Raley’s boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. peeled, grated, fresh ginger
- 3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 (13 1/2-oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 large carrot, peeled, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 4 oz. fresh snow peas, trimmed and cut into thirds crosswise on diagonal
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- Chopped fresh basil or cilantro (garnish)
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 8 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Transfer to a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Add onion to skillet and cook for about 5 minutes or until soft, stirring often. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup broth and curry paste and cook, stirring until smooth. Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Add coconut milk, carrot and remaining broth to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours or until chicken is very tender.
- Add squash, snow peas and bell pepper to slow cooker. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are just crisp-tender. Stir in lime juice. Taste and stir in additional curry paste, if you wish.
- Ladle into 4 bowls and sprinkle with basil or cilantro.